There are few things that annoy me about IE 7.00.5112. First off, it’s not all that great. I just don’t feel overwhelmed when I run it, you know? I definitely had high expectation when I downloaded it, but those are all in vain. Instead, I have the following Internet Explorer 7 gripes:
1) The base color of the tabs is different than the rest of the application’s base color:
2) The tabs bar has an extra tab nubbin to open a new tab:
3) The refresh button has been placed seemingly randomly:
4) The standard windows UI layout of putting the file menu at the top has been broken. The file menu is now underneath the tabs:
5) The phishing filter makes no attempt to prevent me from reporting Microsoft.com:
Phishing Filter Feedback: Confirmation
Thank you for reporting www.microsoft.com/ as a suspected phishing site. Your feedback is important and helps us to better protect customers from phishing.
You can read more about their laughable filter here: msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/IETechCol/dnwebgen/MSPhishingFilterWP.asp
6) The phishing filter thinks submitting user information via POST is bad:
7) Internet Explorer will close when you hit close, no matter how many tabs you have open. You can even watch it kill the tabs one by one on a slower machine:
The search is automatically Google. Why doesn’t the IE Team promote MSN? The tagline here is “Microsoft loves Google:”
9) There is a lot of wasted space on the links bar. For some reason, every link appears to have a min-width setting that makes them overly wide. So, the links bar that was half empty before in IE6 is now running off the screen:
For some other interesting takes on IE7, you can read Is Internet Explorer 7 blocking Google?, IE7 CSS Updates, Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 Tips & Tricks, and The Real Reason Microsoft Won’t Support CSS2 in IE7.
|This entry was posted on Saturday, July 30th, 2005 at 10:53 am and is tagged with updates internet explorer, feedback confirmation, support css2, internet explorer 7 beta 1, high expectation, internet explorer 7 beta, reason microsoft, phishing filter, google, links bar, gripes, annoyances, real reason, ie 7, tagline, user information, tabs, explorer 7 beta, microsoft. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback.|