I’ve redesigned the front page of my domain to more accurately reflect my web properties and to more neatly present a wholesome picture of what I do online. Besides some backend improvements, there are five interesting areas on the new design:
1) The “all about me” has stayed the same, except for a few wording changes, and changing from a list of points to a set of paragraphs of text, improving the spacing and readability.
2) “Across the network” is a new section that features three random posts from across the Elliott Back blog network.
3) The “Blog Bar” features all of my blog properties. Mouseover links to view dynamic descriptions written into a div floating just underneath.
4) I got into the Yahoo publisher program, so on the main page I’ll use Yahoo ads.
5) All of the old “related but random” frontpage content has been trimmed down and moved to this section.
The point was to decrease the amount of entropy on the main page and make it easier to read, browse, and use as a launching point to another blog property. In that, I believe I have succeeded. The ugly green theme is next to go!
|This entry was posted on Sunday, October 2nd, 2005 at 12:35 am and is tagged with publisher program, wording changes, random posts, bar features, launching point, web properties, entropy, readability, yahoo publisher, paragraphs, div, improvements, front page, yahoo. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback.|